Everyone remembers going on a school trip, and a visit to the zoo is hard to beat! Education has been at the very heart of Newquay Zoo since we opened in 1969.
We’re excited to be able to welcome educational groups to visit our wonderful animals again from April 2021.
To keep students and visitors safe, we have changed the way we handle educational group bookings.
Please make sure that you pre-book your group visit at least one week in advance, by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01803 697569. The best time to call is between 3pm and 4pm each week day.
- We will only be accepting educational bubbles from one school to visit the zoo per day for the time being.
- Each group will be given a short welcome and briefing with important instructions – this may be delivered over Microsoft Teams before the visit, or outdoors on arrival allowing us to maintain social distance, and includes updates on recent zoo animal news!
- Pupils under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please make sure that your educational bubble keeps a social distance of at least 2m from other guests – some of whom feel vulnerable. We have implemented one way systems on some narrow paths, and closed a few very confined spaces, to help with this.
- We can offer a lunch space for one school per day, free-of-charge, in case of bad weather – this is our bird hide shelter.
We cannot offer our popular education sessions at the moment – but you can book a virtual session if you would like a curriculum-linked workshop.
We have also prepared new guidance on how to prepare a risk assessment for your visit, which is available on request.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
If you'd like to stay informed of new products, events and special offers then please join our mailing lists.